Tiguan - New Zealand Car of the Year People’s Choice Competition.
Terms and Conditions – Volkswagen Promotions
1. By entering a Volkswagen promotion (“Promotion”) and by accepting any prize, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Employees and independent contractors (and each of their immediate family members) of Volkswagen, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
3. Volkswagen is committed to complying with Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering the Promotion or accepting any prize.
4. The Promotion starts 1 November and ends 11.59pm 30 November 2016 (“Promotion Period”).
5. To enter the competition you must comment on the Facebook post by saying who you would like to take away with you during the weekend away.
6. The prize package to be won is: the use of a Volkswagen Tiguan for a weekend and two nights’ accommodation including breakfast in a 4 star hotel in a New Zealand location. Accommodation is subject to availability and the winner is responsible for any additional expenses that are not listed as part of the prize package.
7. Multiple entries are not permitted.
8. Entries must be received by Volkswagen during the Promotion Period. Volkswagen is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
9. Entries must not be defamatory, explicit, derogatory against any other person or otherwise contain any inappropriate content. If Volkswagen deems in its sole discretion that any post is inappropriate, the post will be removed from the Volkswagen Facebook page and will not be counted as a valid entry.
10. Volkswagen will select one winner from all eligible entries during the Promotion Period.
11. Volkswagen will publish on the Volkswagen Facebook page after the random draw (“Congratulatory Post”).
12. The Winner must contact Volkswagen within one week of the public Congratulatory Post, following the instructions in the Congratulatory Post, or the Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and the Prize may be redrawn in Volkswagen’s sole discretion.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prizes cannot be used in combination with any other prize competitions, promotions or discounts.
14. The Winners may not designate someone else as a winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Volkswagen may award it to an alternate winner.
15. If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
16. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Volkswagen may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
17. To the extent permitted by law, Volkswagen, its suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the Promotion or winning (or not winning) any prize.
18. The Promoter may disqualify, from participating in this Promotion, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
19. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners, or any other aspect of this Promotion, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Volkswagen is the promoter of this Promotion and may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Volkswagen reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the Promotion or any element of the Promotion for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside of Volkswagen’s control.
21. Only people living in New Zealand are eligible to enter.
22. If you win a prize you agree to participate in publicity generated by Volkswagen (or Volkswagen’s marketing partners), and agree to the use of your name, address and photo for promotional purposes.
23. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorised account holder of the Facebook page used to enter the Promotion.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion.
25. At Volkswagen, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Volkswagen will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this Promotion. Volkswagen may share your details with their marketing partner, FCB New Zealand, for the purpose of running this promotion.
26. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Volkswagen and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
27. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants completely release Facebook from any and all liability in connection with this Competition.
28. The decision of judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into
29. Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting Volkswagen in writing: Volkswagen NZ, 1 Nixon Street, Grey Lynn, Auckland, PO Box 959, Auckland 1140.
30. Volkswagen refers to European Motor Distributors, 1 Nixon St, Auckland.