“Spirit of Amarok, New Zealand 2020” Promotion Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this
promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to clause 3, entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 25 years whom must hold a valid passport with a minimum six (6) months validity and a full New Zealand drivers license.
- The entrant and their companion must also be able to attend the ‘Spirit of Amarok, New Zealand” drive experience (“the Challenge”) in Auckland, New Zealand on 22 May 2020 as determined by the Promotor.
- If participants win the Challenge and in order to accept the Major Prize (as defined
below), participants must also be able to attend and represent New Zealand at the International Final of the “Spirit of Africa” held in South Africa from the 2 – 6 September 2020 (“MajorPrize”).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoters and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, exspouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 09:00 am NZST on 8 February and ends at 11:59pm NZST
04 April 2020 at 11:59pm NZST (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, individuals must during the Promotional Period, visit www.spiritofamarok.co.nz
and undertake the following steps:
(a) follow the prompts to the promotion entry page;
(b) input the requested contact details, including (but not limited to) full name, phone
number, email address, occupation, current vehicle make/ model, age;
(c) answer the following question: “Tell us in 25 words or less why you want to
compete in the Spirit of Amarok, New Zealand challenge (“the Question”);
(d) submit the fully completed entry form.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in their
absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoters’ discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoters’ legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- The best twenty-four (24) valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win that entrant (“Participant”) and their companion (playing as a team), the opportunity to play a contingency challenge for the chance to win the Major Prize (as defined below).
The Challenge will take place at the Spirit of Amarok, Auckland New Zealand.
Challenge will be held across four (4) days. The Participant and their companion need only
participate in one (1) date only being 22 of May or determined by the promoter. In
order to participate in the Challenge, each winning Participant and their companion will
(a) entry to the Challenge event; and
(b) all meals inclusive on the day.
(c) Flights if located more than 250km from venue.
(d) Spirit of Amarok hat and jacket
- One of the tickets must be used by the winner. The other ticket can be given to a friend or family member over 21 years of age. Any other ancillary costs with attending the Challenge will be the responsibility of the winner and his or her companions, including, but not limited to, travel to and from the Challenge in Auckland, New Zealand.
- The Challenge will require each of the winning Participants to compete in a number of off-road driving challenges. The Challenge will consist of a variety of stages in two major sections of skill and speed tests. Each team will get one (1) attempts at each stage and will be judged on accuracy and/or speed by the Challenge co-ordinators.
- The (1) team with the highest score from the overall Challenge as judged by the Challenge co-ordinators, will be deemed the winner and will win a place in the
international final of the “Spirit of Africa” to be held in South Africa in September 2020 (“Major Prize”).
- In order to participate in the Major Prize, each winning Participants will receive:
(a) two (2) return economy airfares from the Participants nearest capital city in
New Zealand to South Africa;
(b) travel insurance;
(c) transfers from Johannesburg to the event venue;
(d) entry to the Major Prize event (three (3) days);
(e) all meals inclusive on the event days; and
(f) accommodation (camping) and meals (three main meals per day).
- Travel must be taken to coincide with the relevant event on the dates specified by the
Promoter. Flights and any accommodation will form part of the Major Prize and will be booked by the Promoter. Airfares, venue transfers and accommodation (if applicable) costs associated with the Major Prize which are not specified to be included in the prize, including but not limited to any home state airport transfer costs, meals, taxes and other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion/s. The winner and any traveling companion/s are responsible for ensuring that they have all the necessary documents to travel to the relevant place (including a current passport and visas, if required). The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Where a prize includes international travel, winners are advised to consult their healthcare professional
regarding recommended immunisations and/or health checks prior to traveling and to check for travel warnings and any perceived hazards with appropriate authorities.
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner/s. Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on the judging criteria.
- The prize/s will be awarded to the valid entrant or entrants (as applicable) which best meet the Judging Criteria, as determined by the judges, in accordance with the prize details. Entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, contain offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate material or that infringe any third party rights will be invalid. The judges reserve the right to select additional reserve entries, which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
- The winners will be notified by telephone and in writing within ten (10) business days of the draw. The winner’s name will be published online www.spiritofamarok.co.nz The Promoters’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this promotion (in any form, including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form), become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. Each entry must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this competition entrants:
(a) consent to the Promoter making copies of or publishing the whole or any part
of their entry and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the
entry, to publicise this competition or for any other purposes; and
(b) undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter
will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
- If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) may be forfeited at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or
- (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Participants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the competition,including without limitation any Challenge involved in this promotion, or the prize and that participation in the promotion and/or using the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this competition and/or accepting the prize, Participants accept that risk.
If requested by the Promoter, any participant or winner (and their companion/s, if applicable)(or if an entrant, winner or companion is not an adult, their parent or guardian) must sign an indemnity and exclusion of liability form (provided by the Promoter) in favour of all parties involved in this promotion and/or providing the prize prior to undertaking any specified activities forming part of the promotion or prize. If any participant, winner or nominated companion do not sign the indemnity form provided by the Promoter within the time requested by the Promoter, the relevant Participant’s or winner’s entry or claim will be deemed invalid. Where a winner’s entry or claim is deemed invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to determine a new winner in accordance with paragraph 18 or (as applicable).
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion prohibit an entrant’s participation in this
competition, cancel a prize or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of a prize to a winner
and their companion/s if the entrant or the winner (or their companion/s), in the opinion of the Promoter, is under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate (or of the business of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate), is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- Entrants must, at the Promoters request, participate in all promotional activity (such as
publicity and photography) surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this competition, or in taking or using any prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act
or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“NonExcludable Guarantees”). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained
(whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters’ control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- The Promoter collects personal information ("PI") in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents,
contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory
authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI
- The promoter is Volkswagen New Zealand of European Motor Distributors Ltd, 1 Nixon Street, Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand.