Enjoy worry free motoring
Enjoy worry free motoring
We do everything we can to make you feel confident owning a new Volkswagen. When you buy from an authorised Volkswagen dealership in New Zealand, we'll provide warranty cover to protect you against the repair costs of manufacturing and material defects within the specified warranty period.
Volkswagen Used Vehicle Warranty
If your existing warranty is about to expire, an extended Volkswagen Used Vehicle Warranty provides a range of cover options to ensure peace of mind and added protection. You can purchase an Extended Warranty if you have bought your vehicle in New Zealand from an authorised Volkswagen New Zealand dealer. *
- Available for periods of 12, 24 or 36 months with unlimited mileage, for vehicles under 150,000kms at warranty purchase date
- Fully transferable by the original owner, provided no claims have been made against the policy
- Comes with Volkswagen Roadside Assistance
- Ensures only genuine new replacement parts are used during repairs
- Unlimited number of claims
- Claim value of up to $10,000 per claim
- Excess of $350 if serviced by a Volkswagen authorised dealer, or $500 if not serviced by a Volkswagen authorised dealer
*T&Cs apply, please enquire with your local dealer.
Additional New Car Warranty Benefits
Through Corrosion Warranty
Included with your new car warranty, protection from the natural elements with a fully galvanised body that includes; New passenger cars - a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty against through rusting of body panels.
Amaroks - a 6 year anti-through corrosion warranty against through rusting of body panels. All other commercial vehicles come with a 12 year anti-through corrosion warranty against rusting of body panels.
DSG Gear Box Warranty
This DSG Gearbox warranty ("the DSG Warranty") provides 5 years/150,000km (whichever comes first) coverage from the warranty commencement date for DSG defects within the original DSG Gearbox of qualifying vehicles, where that vehicle is New Zealand new and imported by European Motor Distributors Limited.
Your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the “Act”) sets minimum standards guarantees for goods / products and services bought for personal use. In particular, it provides that products sold to consumers come with a guarantee of “acceptable quality”, which means that the products must:
- be fit for their purpose (do all the normal things that people would expect them to do)
- be durable for as long as most people would expect them to last
- be free from minor and major faults
- do what you the consumer have been told they do
- be safe and durable
The Volkswagen Extended Warranty Policy (“Policy”) is designed to provide you with certainty by covering the costs of unforeseen mechanical breakdowns, and reducing inconvenience to you by getting you and your vehicle back on the road as quickly as possible. This Policy does not affect or limit your rights under the Act, but provides benefits over and above the Act’s guarantees.