Terms & Conditions
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance
Summary of Roadside Assistance
This document summarises the Roadside Assistance Plan provided by the Manufacturer and by European Motor Distributors Limited trading as Volkswagen New Zealand (“the Importer”) under the New Vehicle Warranty. The term “Manufacturer” when used in this summary means Volkswagen AG.
If your Volkswagen is inadvertently immobilised for reasons including mislaid keys*, lack of fuel, battery charge or a tyre puncture, one phone call to Roadside Assistance will provide customer assistance – wherever you are in New Zealand.
*Please note that due to the technical complexity of the Volkswagen security systems, a duplicate or spare key to gain entry to a vehicle is needed.
Recovery to Dealer
Should the vehicle become immobile and is unable to be repaired immediately or safely, Roadside Assistance will arrange for the vehicle to be transported to the nearest authorised Volkswagen Dealer or approved Volkswagen Service Centre.
Hotel Accommodation or Replacement
Vehicle In the unlikely situation of your Volkswagen becoming immobilised due to a warrantable defect more than 100 kilometres from the driver’s residence and cannot be repaired within 24 hours, Roadside Assistance will arrange either:
- Hotel accommodation to a maximum value of $150 per night for up to 2 nights for both you and your passenger(s) in a recommended hotel should this be preferred.
- Alternative transport from an authorised Volkswagen Dealer or approved Volkswagen Service Centre or arrange a rental vehicle to a maximum value of $300 to allow the occupants to resume the journey or return home.
Storage of Vehicle
If your vehicle must be securely stored prior to its transfer to an authorised Volkswagen Dealer or approved Volkswagen Service Centre, Roadside Assistance will arrange for this to be done at no cost to the owner.
Repatriation of your Vehicle
Should the owner elect to leave the vehicle with an authorised Volkswagen Dealer or approved Volkswagen Service Centre to be repaired when a warrantable breakdown occurs more than 100 kilometres from the driver’s residence, Roadside Assistance will arrange and coordinate the repatriation of the vehicle should the repairs not be completed within 24 hours.
Alternatively, provision for the driver to be returned to the repaired vehicle can be arranged.
Vehicle Theft or Accidental Damage
Roadside Assistance offers a telephone advisory service to the driver in the event of an accident or vehicle theft. Roadside Assistance can arrange the transportation of the vehicle to an approved repairer or to a place of storage. In addition, Roadside Assistance can arrange alternative transport and emergency accommodation.
Please note that all costs associated with the transportation of the vehicle, alternative transport and emergency accommodation will be the responsibility of the driver unless the respective Insurance Company has given prior approval.
Roadside Assistance can provide 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, telephone advisory service to assist the driver with:
- The location of the nearest authorised Volkswagen Dealer or approved Volkswagen Service Centre and contact information.
- General vehicle operation advice
General Exclusions & Conditions of Coverage
On all new Volkswagen vehicles, Roadside Assistance is free for the first five years or 150,000km’s*, whichever comes first, as per the active warranty period of the vehicle.
o *Volkswagen Crafter 5-years / 250,000kms, whichever comes first.
The Roadside Assistance plan does not apply to the following:
- Vehicles used for hire or reward.
- Vehicles used in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration testing or any practice thereof.
- Claims arising from the loss or damage to the contents of the vehicle.
- Claims arising from damage caused through forced entry to recover locked keys, whereby the owner / driver has been fully briefed on the situation by Roadside Assistance staff or the provider in attendance, and the owner / driver has subsequently agreed to indemnify Roadside Assistance, against any damage caused during entry.
- Claims arising from a recurring electrical or mechanical limit resulting from improper maintenance or servicing where a known fault and repair has been neglected.
- Situations where the vehicle is disabled by floods, snow affected roads, or is not accessible due to other adverse conditions.
- Vehicles being bogged in off-road conditions or off public roads (other than a private residence) and not easily accessible by normal two-wheel drive recovery vehicles.
- Vehicle has been left unattended.
- Vehicles other than those confirmed as covered by Roadside Assistance.
- If at the time of the breakdown the vehicle was towing a trailer or any kind, the trailer will be towed or transported to the nearest place of safety. Any costs above this will be the responsibility of the driver.
- Events because of an accident, incorrect fuel, or misuse of the vehicle. All associated costs are the responsibility of the driver.
- To be eligible for Roadside Assistance your vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition and have the Volkswagen standard scheduled service carried out by a participating approved service centre.
Version approved: 1st May 2023